AT THE WRAP OF "WHO KILLED MR G", THE TEST, THE TESTIMONIES AND THE EXPERIENCE; BUT FIRST, MY THANK YOU NOTE - DIRECTOR JOSEPH OMONIYI



To God Alone Be The Glory!
There's no wisdom in the deep, in the height, in the shine, in the hills, but from the Creator of all creations and creatures, who has no shadow of turning in His presence.

Before I share #TheTest, let me take today to appreciate every hand that contributed to the success of this production, whether directly or indirectly, hence I tag this my #ThankYouNote
See, I have a very long list. Even some of the people I have never met in my life. Some I met just once. Unknown to them, they were preparing me, planting a seed for the production of #WHOKILLEDMRGTHEMOVIE
Let me start from those who said NO to the offer to help in one way or the other (honestly), you're the reason I went the extra mile and came out with an extraordinary result. I know some sincerely wanted to help, thanks all the same.
In no particular order, I celebrate both my biological family & my spiritual family, #thearkbearers , the production company for working with so much energy and in synergy with #thevision and for trusting me to lead #thecause ...
To these highly celebrated, fantastic and special guest actors; Dr Richard Omidiwura @richie_digold Opeyemi Akintunde @opeyemiakintunde Tobi Olumuyiwa @tobi_olumuyiwa Gbenga Ayoola(SMH) @smhphotographyshotz , #ShalomChris#Jazmyne , Samuel Oluseye @simplecott , thank you for your selfless service. Thank you for giving your best. Thank you for believing in this project... (I'm not done )
I remember when I first shared the background story/vision and the primary objective of this movie project with my DOP, KUNLE Adepoju @kunleadepoju99 . The way he keyed into it, with rapt attention and so much interest, coupled with his passionate commitment onset and his last statements to me after the wrap gave me confidence, inspired me, encouraged me and lifted my spirit beyond his/my imagination. Not forgetting his teachings on Facebook... Thank you sir!
To my 2nd cameraman (also the editor), Tobi Ayopo @tobbie_splash_ Till today, the connection between us is inexplicable. Anyone that saw this guy on any of the projects I worked on would think he is a shareholder. He works like a German-machine, a foreman. I don't know where I'll get to in my journey of Film Making that I'll not need you again. In my heart, you have become a 'blooda' that sticks closer... Right from the get-go of the pre-production to the #TheWrap of #TheShoot you worked tirelessly and dedicatedly. May God continue to enlarge your coast.
Nike Idowu, my Script Supervisor/Continuity Manager. Where do I even start from? You wowed me. You didn't just beat my expectations about you, you shattered it. On the arrival day of the shoot, we had a major 'glitch' despite how much preparation we put in the pre-production (I may share more about this in #TheExperience). I was already feeling so downcast. "Why this on this day for gawdsake" I asked myself. And then 'pim pim', I got her message that lifted my spirit and restored my countenance. This is from someone I had never worked with not met prior to this production. Your emotional intelligence is worthy of emulation.
I can't do without mentioning your working skill. She sha wanted us to get EVERYTHING RIGHT! 
Thank you sis for choosing to work with this small boy 👦.
Samuel Oluseye @simplecott my fashionable Costume Designer  (one day I'll tell you what @tobbie_splash_
said about you 😁). Samuel is a fashion designer per-excellence. He is the only tailor I know that sculpts clothes instead of sowing them. We call him "Simple Cot". When I learnt you're now entering the film industry I sighed and smiled (the world is has just welcomed a new 'style' of costumier). Your attention to details is classic 👌. Thanks for the big role you played in making #WHOKILLEDMRGTHEMOVIE a success. Thank you for believing in #TheVision. God bless you more brother!

Bayo Yusuf aka, #BayoEffect is a rare gift and a very talented hand when it comes to make up and special effects. Thank you for not holding back. Thank you for giving this project your all!
#JoshuaIdowu, the hardworking Set Designer. Contrary to what I told you sir, the journey has not even begun (we just dey boot). Thanks for your great and effective impact.
@kingjaypee1 Adegoke Damilare, my Powerful PM! We also call him The #Fireman... Awesome brother you're I must confess. Thank you for your selfless efforts. I pray God reward you beyond your imagination.
#JosephAdamokhai is the Sound Man! Very sound in its duty. Always bent on getting it right and perfect. I so much celebrate your input on this project. Thanks!
@solomonusuanlele #theboss 🙌 Thanks baba for choosing to work with a small boy like me... Check out his page @solphilms and you'll know this guy is a #bossman indeed... Thanks a million times bro!
And to all those who have ever taught me one thing or the other about film making: From the days of 'funny beginning'. Kayode Adegboye, the producer of #OgunAtunnida#Mystery OfAkuma, etc and convener of #SODD Sir, God used you to teach me a #greatdeal on and off #thepitch ;
My #Film Lecturer in school, Steven Anu' Adesemoye and also a #FilmTheorist. You made me fall in love with movie-making. You are a great teacher whose proteges are spread across the world.
Ben Ope-Johnson a veteran cinematographer and dope DOP! Rector of The Mastershot Film and Television Academy - I'm proud to be an alumnus. (I'm gonna touch more on your impact in #TheExperience) Even from your consistent Facebook 'capsules' , I have learnt a great deal... I remember when I came to meet you on the set of #TheJohnsons and you told me how paying attention to little things (the details) can easily translate into Excellence in Film Making, how important it is to give the best when preparing to make a movie. I wish many more would listen to you and what you're trying to say. Posterity will never forget you sir...to be continued

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ark Bearers